Monday, January 2, 2012

Where I am starting

After doing plenty of research I set out to purchase the staples.







I went to three different stores (Stater Bros, Sprouts, and Trader Joe's). I left with:


*chicken breasts


*hamburger


*shrimp


*ground turkey


*raw almonds


*raw walnuts


*plain sunflower seeds

*fresh blackberries


*fresh raspberries


*coconut

*coconut milk

*coconut flour

*coconut water


*coconut oil


*dried mangos, bananas, and raspberries (NO sugar added, only ingrediant is the fruit)


*almond butter (replacement for peanut butter)


*apples


*spinach


*spaghetti squash


*avocado

*romaine lettuce


*Extra Virgin Olive Oil


*uncured bacon (beef & turkey)


*kerrygold butter


*canned crab meat



The next step:
Cleaning out the kitchen.

I emptied out all of the fridge, freezer, and cupboards. Throwing out anything that I could no longer eat. This included popsicles (dammit!), juice, pastas, candy, frozen dinners (even the Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers ones), cereal, and my leftover pumpkin pie. I filled an entire trash bin with stuff that needed to go.



Now what?

I need to start planning and start cooking. What am I going to eat tomorrow? How am I going to handle the fact that I am used to quick and easy breakfast bars that require no cooking time? What will I take to eat for lunch at work? Between my job, tutoring, and school work, how will I make a decent dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment