Monday, January 2, 2012

The Beginning & The End

Here I am. The fat girl. I have always been the fat girl as long as I can remember and I am pretty sure I will always be the fat girl.
I have tried exercise, calorie counting, attempting to jog, lots of walking, Weight Watchers, yoga, more exercise, cutting portions, and other 'diets'. And each and every time I see minimal success and I am still the fat girl.

Well, I am trying something new. Normally I wouldn't broadcast the fact that I am trying again because it never ends well but I am pretty sure I am on the right track this time so I am documenting the journey. This is more for myself than for anyone else.

I am going to attempt to go Primal.

What does that mean? Well, I am new to this so it doesn't mean a whole lot to me yet. The basics, as I understand them, is that I am about to give up all processed foods. Anything that a caveman wouldn't have eaten is out. No more bread, pasta, legumes, sugar, soda, ice cream, rice, etc.

So, what can I eat? Again, I am new so if you are looking at this post for guidance, look elsewhere. I am still learning. But I am going to start with meats (beef, ground turkey, chicken, shrimp, bacon), nuts (all are okay except peanuts), fruits (minimal), vegetables. I will drink water and maybe coconut water (which I have never tried).

Is this a fad diet? For most people that I have encountered and read about, No. This is not Atkin's or South Beach. This is way of life for many people. It is meant to be sustained for the long hall.

Eventually, I will work on my exercise routine as well. Baby steps.

So, tomorrow I begin the Primal Lifestyle and end the Fat Girl Lifestyle. Good bye to the way I have been for 32 years. I am sure it will be hard to shake and there will be bumps in the road. Can I lose any weight at all?
Will I make it through the first week (said to be rough)?
Can I stick with it?
Will I slip up from time to time and give into old habits?

Let's see, shall we?

What will I post?
I am going to share with you the challenges, successes, and hurdles. Maybe recipes and tips. Suggested websites and ideas.
Assuming I lose weight, I will tell you about it. Eventually I may even post photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment