Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 2

Well, Day 2 is winding down and I already feel the stress of this. While it isn't going to be hard, it's going to be hard. I am not hungry at all. I did feel hunger this morning and I ate. Because with this plan I can eat. As much as I want. But only of certain things.

I have to admit that I am going to need to break some pretty awful habits. I love soda. Not that diet crap. I mean real soda. Black Cherry and Root Beer are my favorites.

And I love ice cream. I recently pushed myself to give up little $1 sized cups of ice cream and convert to Popsicles but now I can't even have those. After dinner last night I craved the sugary treat. I put coconut milk into the freezer and it was awful.

I did have some successes though.

I made it through Day One, eating turkey bacon, a hardboiled egg, a handful of berries, an apple with almond butter, chicken with beef bacon mixed with steamed broccoli and carrots. Also, I ate my own trail mix that I made up.






That's almond, walnuts, and sunflower seeds (all raw), with dehydrated raspberries and dried mangos and bananas (no sugar added). The bananas are delicious. Trader Joe's carries them and even though they are sweet, I promise the label only lists bananas as the ingrediant.



For Day 2 I ate two eggs mixed with grated cheese. I realize that the cheese was probably a slip up. I am not sure that grated cheese is allowed. I think Feta would have been the wiser choice. For lunch I had an apple and a baggie of plain carrots. I started to eat my Trail Mix but realized that I wasn't hungry.



For dinner I am planning on a hamburger patty with avocado with a small green salad (mixed greens, spinach, feta, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar).


I search recipes multiple times a day for new ideas. Considering a paleo ice cream recipe and thinking heavily about the dark chocolate in the cupboard....more on that later.


I am wondering if people are really 100% primal or paleo. Can you really cut out all of the treats (half a muffin, a cookie, a frozen yogurt) all of the time? I know cavemen did but this is 2012. Is that really what is expected of me, forever?

No comments:

Post a Comment