Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 7---The First Weigh In

So, here I am one week into my new Primal Lifestyle.
I thought I would be eager to jump on the scale but I woke up a little sluggish. I puttered around the house before gaining the courage to step on my longtime enemy.

What happened? Just a second and I'll tell you.

First, let me make sure it is clear that two factors may affect my progress this week. One, I ate a lot of crap before starting. I weighed in a week ago before starting this change but the night before I ate Dairy Queen. I mean one of their ridiculous meals and half of a Butterfinger Blizzard. I am sure my body hadn't even had to time to tack on the extra pounds from it. Plus, I had spent a glutenous weekend in Vegas (soda, popcorn, buffets...).
The other thing that may affect my loss is water weight. You see when you cut out processed foods you also cut out sodium so it is common to lose water, not so much fat, in the beginning. (Disclaimer: I am new. This is what I have been told.)

So....drum roll....
DOWN 6 POUNDS!

Do I feel or look any different? No. Not at all. But my mind says I am moving in the right direction and so does the scale so I push on.

No comments:

Post a Comment