Sunday, January 8, 2012

Day 5--A little cheating but a whole lotta good

I have enjoyed hamburgers, shrimp, grilled chicken, and yummy eggs. I am not hungry at all. I bought a bunch of things that I thought would help when I am feeling "snacky" but I haven't really eaten any snacks in three days. I bought dried mangos and bananas and they just sit in there. I have a variety of nuts but my meals are so filling that I don't touch them. I did steal a few pistachios from my Half Primal Husband but it was more to try them than to satisfy hunger.

I ate three eggs for breakfast mixed with a little grated cheddar, a few pieces of Feta, and tiny bits of gorganzola.

I do have a headache but I am battling the trifecta over here so I have no idea what is to blame. Besides being sick with a head cold that is kicking my butt, and cutting out sugar and carbs, I also started the pill. I know that might be TMI for some of you but, like I said, I am not writing this for you. The pill is known to cause headaches while you are adjusting to the estrogen. So, I guess I was bound to get a headache, caused by one reason or another. I'll survive.

Back to the cheating mentioned in this post's title. I was nauseous on Friday and had no idea what to do but fall back on my pre-primal tactics. I ate five low sodium Saltine crackers. As soon as I felt that my stomach was stable I ate half of a hamburger patty and some avocado. Back on track.

Today I drank some juice, against all advice. You see, I'm new. I figured that if I could eat fruit I could also have 100% fruit juice. I purchased a small bottle on Friday and then determined that it really wasn't the best idea. Rather than waste it, I took a few sips. I'm human. It was yummy but I don't need it. I didn't feel like it filled any purpose. Lesson learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment