Monday, February 20, 2012

I'm Thirsty

I realized something yesterday about being Primal.
I am more in touch with my thirst. I remember hearing once that when you feel hunger you might actually be thirsty. To try to drink something and see if that doesn't help.
Well, I am not confused about how I feel. I listen to my body a lot more than I used to. I can tell when I am hungry and when I am thirsty and I've never been this aware of my thirst.

I only drink water (and that's all I've had for about 6 weeks now) and I used to get thirsty on hot days but now the weather is cold and I still crave water. I love it. If I have water in front of me I will drink it and when my body wants more, it tells me.

You might wonder what I am talking about but trust me, it's a pretty cool feeling to be more connected to what your body needs. I am rarely hungry. I eat breakfast because it is the morning and I know that I should but since I didn't have to work today I just did what my body wanted and that meant a couple pieces of bacon around 10am and some chicken at 1pm.

I tell everyone I am not hungry on Paleo/Primal but that isn't entirely true. I do get hungry and I know when I am hungry...I just don't go hungry like I have with other weightloss plans.

It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment